Friday, September 11, 2009

Abstraction

The requirement of this assignment is that choosing a place in Singapore then creating a representative image for it. The first place I thought about is The Henderson Wave. This bridge leaves a deep impression on me not only because of its wonderful structure, but also of memories about my first Chinese New Year (in Vietnamese, it is called "Tet") in Singapore. Last year, I and my Vietnamese friends at NUS held a small gathering at this bridge to celebrate The Lunar New Year, the first Tet without our families beside. We shared special Tet's dishes, played some outdoor games and enjoyed watching firework together at there. We really had so much fun, even though Tet here was not as good and warm as our home. Here below is 6 steps of my work to create representative image for the bridge:

First of all, I chose a picture of Henderson Wave I had took last year. Then I drew the bridge it own and cleared all unnecessary parts. One classmate commented that I drew it better than it was in real photos and that encouraged me a lot :).

After that I tried to simplify it by reducing several strokes on the bridge and on the pillars as you can see at the step 3 and 4.

At the step 5, I just kept the basic shape of the bridge and at the final step, I drew the waves of Henderson Bridge, which is the most impressive thing of its structure.

The final image I select is the fourth one.

No comments:

Post a Comment