Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Active Aging Poster


The requirement of this assignment is to design a poster that encourages the elderly in living more actively and healthily. The reality in current society is that elderly people have tendency to feel depressed due to their old and their weakness. This makes them isolate from society and think negatively, which will gradually make serious harms to their mental as well as their physical health. Therefore, it is essential to cheer them up and make them realize that they are still extremely valuable to the whole society. Even though they can not create tangible asset for society, their wises and their experiences are essential for the development of society.

I get the idea from my grandparents hobby: gardening . Whenever I observe them cultivating a tree or a flower, I often figure that they are cultivating the younger generation with what they have collected a whole life. Hence, I create "life" as a flower garden that are brought up and trimmed by the elderly people. The color for the background is blue and white coming between each other. This make the poster bright, lively and fresh.

At first, I make the poster like a jigsaw game like the picture below:



but it seems sad, not so clear, inharmonious and not eye-catching. I asked around and it's true that people does not really like jigsaw thing. Hence, I choose the more simple way but clearer:














No comments:

Post a Comment