Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Music Festival Postcard

The purpose of this assignment is to see the combination of colors. But first thing have to deal with is the content of the postcard.

At first I think about a concert with several kinds of musical instruments such as piano, guitar...I want to create a stream made of musical notes and the instruments will float on it, like the sketching below:
But I realize that it is extremely hard to create a stream like what I imagine. In addition, the appearance of so many musical notes makes the postcard very tangled. Hence, I tried the other idea.


For this idea, I just focus on piano performance. The musical note streams out the piano and become the chain of melody.

I sketch it on Illustrator:


My classmates comment that it's cute but the letter is not really standing out, I should do something to make it different from the musical notes. Hence, I change the font and add some the stars on it.


About the colors, I color 9 versions of the postcard by using Image adjustment of Photoshop:



The first three versions and the one at center are colored with the white background
The last three are with the background
I also try the two rest with gardient color.

I choose the one with NUS's color as my final design. It is simple, well contrasting and very suitable with NUS's logo. It creates a sense of identity.


No comments:

Post a Comment